Notice of Privacy Practices
This website is owned and operated by FARO Technologies Inc. (“FARO”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). FARO respects the privacy of visitors to our website. This Notice describes the types of information we collect about visitors to the FARO website, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. This Notice also describes (1) the measures we take to safeguard the information we collect and (2) your rights and privileges concerning our collection, use and disclosure of information about you.
This Notice is consistent with FARO’s Notice of Privacy Shield Compliance regarding transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area to the United States.
This Notice applies to the FARO website, located at www.faro.com, as well as to any versions of the FARO website that FARO operates. Please note that our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Goods and services offered by FARO are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). FARO does not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. No information should be submitted to or posted to the FARO website by visitors younger than 13 years old.
Information We May Collect
The information we may collect falls into two categories: Personal Information and Site-Level Data. Personal Information is information that we directly associate with a specific person or entity, which may include but not be limited to name, company name, industry, job title or role, state, zip or postal code, telephone numbers, email addresses, product interest, device serial numbers, how you heard about FARO, payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers) and financial information such as bank account numbers. The Personal Information you provide will vary based upon the context, and we will not collect your Personal Information unless you make it available. You are not required to provide Personal Information at any time while visiting the FARO website; however, you may be required to provide Personal Information to use certain FARO services or to purchase goods offered by FARO on its website. You may also submit Personal Information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes, downloading whitepapers, webinars, and other materials through the FARO website, and in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the FARO website.
Site-Level Data is anonymous information regarding use of our website or services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of FARO through the use of automated means, which include cookies and web beacons. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your computer’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Site-Level Data collected through these automated means may include information that we may gather and store about your visit to, and use of, the FARO website, such as your IP address, screen resolution, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the websites, pages you visit, and if you linked to this website from another website or search engine, the identity of that website or search engine. Site-Level Data does not include Personal Information and is not treated as Personal Information under this Notice.
In addition to the cookies and web beacons we set, we may also allow certain third-party analytics service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the FARO website on our behalf and to retain and use Site-Level Data received from such cookies and web beacons themselves. Third party service providers that collect Site-Level Data on our behalf may offer information about their data collection practices, and in some cases, an opt out on their respective websites which you can access here: (Hosting; Eloqua; Google; Adobe).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the FARO website may not function properly or at all as a result.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with FARO and our customers through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services and website;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
In addition, we use Site-Level Data collected through automated means for purposes such as:
- customizing visits to our website based on observable user preferences;
- delivering content (including advertising) correlating to our users’ interests based on the ways in which our users interact with our website;
- diagnosing technical and service problems; and
- administering our website.
Applications and Widgets
We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements. Typically, these companies are third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, providers of sponsored content and research firms, and they may utilize information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our Affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this website and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks. This process enhances the deployment of our marketing programs and helps us to track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences, for measuring the effectiveness of their advertising, and for other purposes.
We do not provide any Personal Information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements. Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more about ad serving companies and opt-out from each of those listed.
Please note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising but only excludes you from interest-based advertising. If you use the FARO website or Affiliate websites, you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Information collected automatically
Usage data may be collected on this website using technology provided by third-party providers acting on behalf of FARO. The click paths of website users who cannot be personally identified are also collected for marketing and optimization purposes. The collected data is used exclusively by FARO and is never passed on to third parties. The collection of data is carried out in compliance with current data protection guidelines appropriate to the regions in which FARO operates.
In the European Union, any tracking program that is used not only ensures that no cookies are created, but it also prevents the user's locally stored cookies from being disclosed. The data that is collected by means of technology provided by any third-party providers is not used to personally identify the website user. This data is used to perform quality analysis of the website or for testing marketing activities.
Information We Share
We may share Site-Level Data with third parties, including our Affiliates, dealers, marketing businesses and lead generation businesses, for any reason and without notice to you. We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Information except as described below:
- Affiliates. FARO may share your Personal Information with its Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your Personal Information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through this website on our behalf, or other services with us. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your Personal Information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the FARO website that is sponsored by FARO and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for FARO to share your Personal Information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including Personal Information, to: (i) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of FARO] and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of users of our website or members of the public,; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including your Personal Information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you and the information we collect from you and share with third parties. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, adjusting your email preferences or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You also may withdraw your consent for FARO to share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this Notice by contacting us using the means specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Notice, FARO will not sell or share your Personal Information with non-FARO companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your account on www.faro.com or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
We may transfer the Personal Information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Notice and in accordance with applicable law and FARO’s Privacy Shield Privacy Practices, if applicable.
FARO uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard Personal Information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. If we propose to use Personal Information in a materially different way, we will provide you with additional notice by posting notice of the changes on the FARO website for at least 30 days before we implement those changes, and we will obtain your consent as noted above for any material change regarding disclosure of Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (407) 333-9911.
You may also write to us at:
250 Technology Park
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(800) 736-0234 - (407) 333-9911
Effective Date – This policy was placed in effect on September 29, 2016.