FARO® BUILDIT METROLOGY SOFTWARE
– Real-time inspection, assembly & alignment for manufacturing professionals
– Configurable to support both manual & automated workflows
BuildIT Metrology Features
- CAD Import/Export
Compatible with industry-standard CAD formats. BuildIT directly reads 3D CAD files from native (CATIA®V4 V5 V6, NX, Parasolid, CREO (Pro/E), Inventor, SolidWorks, AutoCAD) or neutral formats (IGES, STEP, SAT, JT), as well as GD&T, FTA and NX-PMI assembly level data for model-based inspection and assembly. In addition, BuildIT imports measured point data from external sources for maximum compatibility.
- GD&T Evaluations
Powerful Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) analysis capabilities for full model-based workflows.
- Easily create and apply GD&T tolerances.
- Import, modify, define and evaluate both simple and complex GD&T information.
- Color-coded tolerance call-outs indicate pass-fail conditions on the display.
- Use predefined measurement plans or measure closest feature to the probe.
- Multi-Device Capability
Hardware-agnostic, universal interface is compatible with all major portable Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMS), from FARO and other manufacturers.
- Compatible with portable measurement arms (probing and scanning), laser trackers (including 6DoF), optical 3D imagers, and total stations.
- Mix and match brands and types of equipment, even on the same measurement project and same instance of BuildIT Metrology.
- A common interface enables operation teams to reduce investment and training, thus offering greater flexibility for working with multiple devices.
- Combine the use of FARO Laser Trackers with FARO ScanArms in a single, Super 6DoF (Degrees of Freedom) process for performing detailed inspections on large objects.
- Interface with external robotic devices via I/O (input/output).
Highly configurable and flexible, BuildIT Metrology has the user’s unique processes covered.
- Advanced automation capabilities through a user-friendly interface for creating repeatable, guided, automated workflows.
- No coding is required; automated inspection routines can easily be created by recording workflows as they are being performed.
- The streamlining of workflows allows repetitive processes to be reproduced flawlessly. This reduces operator training time, minimizes errors and variations from operator to operator, and increases workflow efficiency.
- Real-Time Feedback
Color-coded tolerancing (color-deviation maps), numerical feedback, and graphical feedback are provided in real-time during the inspection and alignment processes. BuildIT allows users to position parts with high-precision, using metrology-guided assembly and alignment applications.
- Customized Reports
Save time and effort by creating automated, custom reports from templates.
- Dynamic reporting automatically populates reports.
- Customize reports to include only the relevant information.
- Advanced and automated reporting capabilities combine measurement data to produce detailed graphical and textual reports that are used to quickly identify manufacturing and production trends.
- Manual reporting is also supported