FARO has again pushed the envelope in terms of performance and user experience and extends its patent portfolio with new and unique Quantum platform features:
- Compliance with International Standards – The QuantumS, QuantumM and QuantumE are certified to ISO 10360 -12:2016, the most rigorous international measurement quality standard in existence for articulated arm coordinate measuring machines and tested to the International Electrical Commission (IEC 60068-2) standards for shock, vibration and temperature stress relief.
- Excellent Ergonomics and Usability – New ergonomic design, overall weight optimization, combined with new features, such as the FARO kinematic intelligent probes, which provide unparalleled user experience allowing for quick probe replacement without the need to recalibrate.
- High-Speed Wireless Operation – New sophisticated and robust electronic design delivers superior reliability and guarantees optimal wireless operation for scanning and probing, allowing unmatched reach across the manufacturing floor.
- Extended Battery Use – Dual hot swappable batteries support prolonged cable-free operation of the device, making it easy to go to the part without the need for external power.
- Blue Laser Scanning – The entire Quantum product family can also be deployed with the FAROBlu™ Laser Line Probe HD (High Definition) and FAROBlu Laser Line Probe SD (Standard Definition), the next generation of blue line laser technology that enables up to five times faster scanning than the previous generation, including complex surfaces comprised of dark and reflective materials.
- Color Scanning – The Quantum product family can be used in conjunction with the FARO PRIZM™ Laser Line Probe, delivering color scanning capabilities for high resolution colored point cloud data capture and analysis.
FARO 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm
Perfectly suited for challenging 3D measuring applications, the FARO 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm is the only eight-axis portable metrology arm solution available in the market.
Seamlessly integrating a portable Quantum FaroArm with an eighth-axis, the 8-Axis Quantum sets a new industry benchmark: it enables parts and components to be digitized faster and defines a new standard in terms of ergonomics and customer experience.
The benefits of the 8-Axis Quantum include:
- High Measurement Speed – Capturing of necessary features with only small movements of the Arm / ScanArm and reduced need to reposition the device around large objects results in up to 40% reduction in the time it takes to scan a part or assembly.
- Extended Measurement Volume – A single device set-up allows users to reach and digitize features that would normally require multiple device location, or a longer-reach arm.
- Ultimate in Ergonomics – Limiting the amount of movements of the operator around the part or the assembly allows complex and large objects to be easily digitized. The operator can focus on the measurement of the part with no worries about uncomfortably reaching around the part or assembly.
- Operator Effectiveness – The operator is now able to focus with minimal distraction on the measurement of the part since the part is seamlessly rotated to the optimum orientation. This reduction in operator movement around the given part allows large and complex objects to be digitized not only faster, but also more comprehensively.
- Workspace Optimization – 8-Axis Quantum allows complete measurement and scanning activities to be performed within a minimal footprint. Limited space required for device placement ensures an optimized use of the available environment.