FARO Sphere is a cloud-based information platform that provides the most efficient exchange of data possible — including remote collaboration on 360° and 3D projects. It provides a centralized user experience across FARO point cloud and 360° reality capture applications and service-oriented platforms through a secure, single point sign-on (SSO) process.
One of the central components of the Sphere platform is the FARO Sphere Viewer, a cloud-based solution that combines 3D point cloud and HoloBuilder 360° projects for viewing and sharing in a single platform. It’s ideal for 4D construction progress management where the ability to compare elements over time is critical, allowing project managers and VDC managers alike to better democratize data and eliminate the need to use two or more platforms for their reality capture needs. The result is de-siloed data, greater ease of use and the enhanced ability to share accurate and up to date 4D progress documentation.
Another key to Sphere’s success is its interoperability with the new FARO Stream mobile app. For FARO Focus users who wish to upload their data into Sphere, Stream enables on-site pre-registration. Users will be confident in acquiring complete data capture.
Once uploaded, global teams have immediate access to that data where it can be downloaded again, off-site, with point cloud registration completed in FARO SCENE Software. Now project stakeholders have a direct line of sight on all completed projects.
By adopting Sphere, users can expect a variety of workflow benefits:
- The closing of workflow gaps by enabling remote collaboration
- Expedited in-office registration based on the uploaded pre-registered scans
- Creation of final deliverables from other FARO tools like As-Built Modeler without the need for third party data export
- Visualization of 360° and 3D point cloud data in one, unified system with the Sphere Viewer
- Centralized storage for all projects enhances security, multi-user access and organizational efficiency with real-time project management
- The ability to share work directly via WebShare or Sphere Viewer to all product stakeholders
- Elimination of extra site visits due to registration failure caused by poor scan placement and incomplete data from scan shadows
On-site job completion up to 50% faster with total confidence the data captured is complete.