FARO Sphere is a cloud-based information platform that provides the most efficient exchange of data possible — including remote collaboration on 3D projects. It provides a centralized user experience across FARO point cloud applications and service-oriented platforms through a secure, single point sign-on process.
Key to Sphere’s success is its interoperability with the new FARO Stream mobile app. For FARO Focus users who wish to upload their scan data into Sphere, Stream enables on-site pre-registration. Users will be confident in acquiring complete data capture.
Once uploaded, global teams have immediate access to that data where it can be downloaded again, off-site, with point cloud registration completed in FARO SCENE Software. Synched back into Sphere, project stakeholders have direct line of sight on all completed projects.
By adopting Sphere, users can expect a variety of workflow benefits:
- The closing of workflow gaps by enabling remote collaboration
- Expedited in-office registration based on the uploaded pre-registered scans
- Creation of final deliverables from other FARO tools like As-Built Modeler without the need for third party data export
- Centralized storage for all projects enhances security, multi-user access and organizational efficiency with real-time project management
- The ability to share work directly via WebShare Software to all product stakeholders
- Elimination of extra site visits due to registration failure caused by poor scan placement and incomplete data from scan shadows
On-site job completion up to 50% faster with total confidence the data captured is complete.