FARO® has a strong, established solution portfolio for assisting fabrication and metalforming companies with their quality assurance processes, enabling dimensional inspection through portable measurement systems.
The more recent addition of our laser projection solutions, with the ability to perform in-process verification, has allowed us to help implement guided assembly and quality checks earlier in the process, reducing scrap and rework overall. The ability to assemble in real-time to an accurate, flexible projection template and quickly validate against design at each step is a valuable innovation with huge potential to transform your business.
To help you explore these applications and solutions, we've selected some useful case studies, videos and other resources for you. Click on the topics below to jump to each section:
See the applications
- [VIDEO] Use laser-guided assembly to reduce scrap & rework like Welder Bob
- [CASE STUDY] Reduce rework & increase throughput with 3D laser projection
- [WHITE PAPER] How virtual templating streamlines welding assembly & manufacturing
- [ARTICLE] Inspection/measurement – will this part clean up?
- [CASE STUDY] Janicki Industries achieves 35% reduction in required machining
- [CASE STUDY] Jackson Jonson Enterprise builds custom services using the FaroArm
- [ARTICLE] Is "close" good enough for horseshoes?
- [CASE STUDY] Trinity Forge uses innovative approach for an ancient process
- [CASE STUDY] VTube & Quantum Arm: winning combination for tube measuring
Learn about the solutions
- [ARTICLE] Understanding Laser Projectors
- [VIDEO] What does a FARO Tracer Laser Projector do?
- [VIDEO] Feature-Based Alignment with Tracer SI
- [VIDEO] In-Process Verification using Tracer SI
- [ARTICLE] Understanding Portable Measurement Arms
- [VIDEO] Discover the 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm & ScanArm
- [TECHSHEET] FARO 8-Axis Quantum S FaroArm / ScanArm V2
- [CASE STUDY] Industrial producer saves time & satisfies customers
- [ARTICLE] Understanding Laser Trackers
- [VIDEO] How a Laser Tracker works
- [VIDEO] 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF) Laser Tracker technology
- [CASE STUDY] Increase speed & profitability with 6DoF
- [TECHSHEET] FARO Vantage S6 & E6 Laser Trackers